USATF Mid-Atlantic Awards
Margaret Vido and Matt Herzig have both been named "Open Athlete of the Year" by USATF Mid-Atlantic! The association honored the pair for their many achievements in 2018 at an awards luncheon this past Saturday.
Matt's 2018 accomplishments included a stellar performance at the Philadelphia Marathon where he claimed an Olympic Trials qualifying time, first Philadelphian, and 6th overall. Earlier in the year he also had outstanding performances at the Boston Marathon (12th!) and New Bedford Half Marathon (2nd!). Margaret had a strikingly similar year. She placed 12th in Boston's elite field, (re)qualified for Trials at the Philadelphia Marathon and also claimed top Philadelphian!
PRTC also received recognition as a club for placing 2nd in the Grand Prix. The following athletes were awarded USATF MA branded arm sleeves and gloves for their age-group placings in the year-long challenge. Thanks all for your participation!
Kaitlin Frei: 1st in 20-24
Lauren Kelly: 2nd in 25-29
Chris Mateer: 1st in 25-29 and 2nd overall (bonus umbrella award)
Steve Hallman: 2nd in 25-29
Michael Moore: 3rd in 25-29
Josh Hibbs: 1st in 30-34
Colin McGrath: 2nd in 30-34
Aliah Molczan: 3rd in 30-34
Christine Ramsey: 1st in 35-39
Pete Celona: 2nd in 35-39
Harsha Thirumurthy: 3rd in 40-44
A reminder that we are currently processing memberships for 2019. If you plan to retain membership, please sign up for the club as soon as possile. We'll need three things from each returning (or new) member.
1) RunSignUp registration w/ the club.
2) Signed tier contract
3) An email to update roster profile with any new PR's or related information.
Please let us know if you did not receive an invitation to join a tier and the RunSignUp link.
Race Sign Ups
1) To enter the Ursinus Indoor Track meet on 02/02/19 email Crystal Bacon at email@example.com by 01/30/19. Include name, event, and seed time to register. $15 due at the track (per event).
2) Today is the perfect time to sign up for our next Grand Prix race The Frostbite 5 Miler! Not only is it a temperature appropriate thing to do, signing up early will help avoid the next price increase which occurs on January 26th. Guarantee of a race shirt ends on February 2nd. Register here!
Upcoming Runs, Events, & Races
Tuesday: Franklin Field at 6:30 (warm-up at 6:15. Organize workouts via Slack.
Sunday: Long run at 9:00 AM from Lloyd Hall.
February 2nd, 2019: Frank Colden Invitational at Ursinus (Collegeville, PA)
February 23rd, 2019: Fireside Frostbite 5 Miler (Ambler, PA)
March 16th, 2019: Adrenaline 5k (Haddonfield, NJ)
April 25th - 27th, 2019: Penn Relays (Philadelphia, PA)
April, 28, 2019: Revolutionary Run 5 Miler (Valley Forge, PA)
May 5th, 2019: Broad Street Run (Philadelphia, PA)
June 2nd, 2019: Philly Run Fest (Philadelphia, PA)
June 9th, 2019: USATF Half Marathon Trail Championships (Scranton, PA)
* Denotes USATF Mid-Atlantic Grand Prix Event